Wednesday, December 19, 2012

EASY Chicken Cheese Savory MONKEY BREAD

Pin It Now!

This one is SOOOO easy... Yet as easy as it is to make, it is even better tasting than it sounds (or looks).  The bread is actually Pillsbury Grand brand biscuits (the thick tube).  So, no real yeast raising, etc to complicate things.

I have been in a soup mood lately, but since I am now just cooking for my wife and myself, I am constantly looking for new ways to make the next days' leftovers just a bit different.  Easiest way to think of this is as the sandwich half of a soup and sandwich meal!

Bread... Cheese... Onions... Chicken...

Sounds like a chicken sandwich to me!

And BTW, makes a great single serve item for a quick and easy surprise BRUNCH!

Enjoy Indeed


Of course, since they are biscuits, now I am going to warm the leftovers up with a little gravy and I have a Chicken and Biscuits breakfast.  First time I made these, but will not be my last.

Oh and just one more week til Christmas... How about these on Christmas morning.  A meal in itself.


Let's get to the recipe... It takes just a few minutes of hands on work, @25 minutes to cook and DELICIOUS...

OK... Here's what I did...

EASY Chicken Cheese Savory MONKEY BREAD



Ingredients
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • 2 TBS Whole Milk
  • 1 (16.3 Ounce) Can Pillsbury Grands refrigerator biscuits
  • 6 Ounces Cheddar Cheese (I used a smoked Cheddar Cheese), freshly grated
  • 1/4 Cup (about 5) Green Onions, sliced
  • 2 Chicken Quarters from a Rotisserie Chicken (I used the leg/thigh quarters), Meat stripped from the bone
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Spray an 8X12 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well combined.
  4. Separate the biscuits. Cut each individual (8) biscuits into 4 quarters (now 32 pieces). Stir these into the egg/milk mixture.
  5. Fold in chicken, onions and cheese to evenly mix with the biscuit pieces.
  6. Transfer mixture to the baking dish... VERY IMPORTANT, arrange everything into a single layer.
  7. Bake at 350°F. for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
  8. Serve HOT and ENJOY!!!
These beauties were indeed a unique "Sandwich" that made us forget we were having leftover soup.

******************************************************

This simple recipe has been added to my growing list of "52 Breakfast Ideas!"

It's the most important meal of the day.  From fancy to simple, there are always ways to dress up a breakfast dish.  These are the meals that make Bed and Breakfast Inns legendary (and usually easier than you think).

Here's your chance to make your guests Ooh and Aah!
******************************************************

This recipe has also been added to my growing list of "52 Uses For a Rotisserie Chicken"  (Now close to 100!)...I am so confused... $5.49 for a fully cooked, fully seasoned Oven Roasted, Rotisserie Chicken. Yet shop in the raw meat department and most raw chickens are at best $8 each and usually far closer to $10. Anyone have an answer??? Me either. So, I can either rail against the machine, or learn to embrace the beauty that is the $5 chicken! In this pin are recipes I have made, and recommend. MORE than 52 (I just can't stop)..
You get the idea.  From Scratch Pizza to Chinese Take Out recipes, Lots of Soups and Chili... Appetizers to Main Courses (Still can't find a dessert, but I am looking).  More than enough ideas for that store nought bird to shine with just a little extra work

***********************PINTEREST*********************

Come and find me on Pinterest... Any of my "52 Ways to cook" Boards are worth following.  If you like this post, please take a second and "Pin" this to your own boards... Better yet, if you are part of a foodie group board please take a second and add this post to your group pins... best way to show your Love!

And BTW, if you are not yet part of a group board, drop me an email at Contact@eRecipeCards.com and request to be added to my group board... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! (be sure to include your pinterest ID when you write)  Once you are added, any pins you add will be seen by 10s of THOUSANDS of followers of the board (and growing daily).

Rules, only 2... 
  1. In order to join you need to start following the group board as well as at least one of my boards.
  2. And you must ONLY pin original sources, posts from food related bloggers only.  If you are a blogger, this is a great way to have thousands of potential readers see your work,  If you are a fan of bloggers, a great way to share your favorites...
    Come and be a part of ... FAVORITE FOOD BLOGGERS! on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

FMP