Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella Ala SkinnyTaste.com

Pin It Now!

Chicken was on sale!

So, last night, it was chicken for dinner!  Found a wonderful FAST delicious recipe on eRecipeCards.com from a really talented blogger. I even got to use the last zucchini from my garden (don't be too impressed, I only got 3, but big plans for next year).  In fact, once I had the Chicken and the Zucchini, everything else was pantry staples.  Very economical, very tasty and makes a nice presentation.

The recipe does call for "thin chicken cutlets".  Instead, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and my handy meat pounder.  Just a simple matter of placing a piece of the chicken between two sheets of waxed paper and pound away until the meat is flat and even thickness.  Makes it so easy to roll up.

The stuffing, cheese and the moist zucchini is perfect for a roll up dish.  As it oozes and melts into the chicken it keeps it tender, moist and juicy.  No over cooked, hockey puck dried out junk here!  Loved this recipe.

And, in fact, since I had all the ingredients, this is another of those recipes I made no changes (other than the pounded chicken).

Click this photo to see Gina's original Post
When I make substantial changes to a recipe, I am more than willing to print out the "new" take with an "inspired by" tag.  For this little gem, I just want to point you in the right direction.  The photo to the right is actually Gina's original photo of her dish.  If you click the photo, or the blue letters that read "Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella Ala SkinnyTaste.com", the magic of the internet will take you to her original post and this delicious VERY EASY dish.

Click Gina's logo to visit her site
And while you are there, take a look around Gina's website.  SkinnyTaste.com has been around for awhile, 2008.  Here'a quote stating her goals...
On Skinnytaste, you'll find healthy dishes that don't sacrifice any of the flavor that can be found in their full-fat origins.  Gina knows all the food she prepares for Skinnytaste is tasty and satisfying, because after all, this is the same food she cooks on a daily basis for her friends and family, and they are some of her toughest critics!
Noble goals indeed!  She is a very active Weight Watcher blogger, meaning everything I have seen, she always posts WW points (like this recipe which has an INCREDIBLE only 4 point total per serving!!!).  And believe me, there was no sacrifice of taste.  I did my time in WW, I never ever had a 4 point main course with this much taste!  Would probably still be trying if I had.

Gina is a wonderfully talented food stylist and photographer.  Take a look down her sidebars and you will see dozens of her "greatest hits" that show off her talents in the kitchen as well as behind the lens.  Beautiful food, healthy choices and delicious recipes.  I'll be adding Gina to my sidebar and visiting her every post!

So, if I have tweeked your interest in Gina and her SkinnyTaste.com Blog, head on over and say HI for me!

And for a quick look at what she blogs, click on the logo link image to the right.  You will see all the eRecipeCards that Gina has submitted to eRecipeCards.com.  You can add her recipes to your eRecipeBox (once you have a free account).

See how useful the site is and how easy it is to find new favorite bloggers!

These posts continue to highlight bloggers and recipes that I have found on  "eRecipeCards.com"..


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this one. I was looking for a blog to follow that counted WW points and her's looks perfect (as does this chicken I can't wait to try out!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delicious, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete

FMP